Bastion Insights – Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Bastion Insights – Client Manager
Are you passionate about Research and Insights?
Bastion Insights is the research arm of the Bastion Agency with a focus on delivering smart research approaches that combine know-how, rigour and speed. We offer our clients a full range of market research services, specialising in online communities and customer panels. Our hunger for results is surpassed only by our desire to have fun, learn, evolve and grow. We are experts at delivering world-class work that gets results to some of the biggest and most-forward thinking clients in Australia today including those in health, beauty, transport, grocery and leisure industries as well as a vast array of government clients.
Are you passionate about research and insights? Like to work on a mix of commercial and government projects? Are adept at managing qualitative and/ or qualitative projects end to end?
This Client Manager role is for someone who’d like to be part of a passionate, dynamic team, working on an interesting mix of commercial and social and government work, across a broad range of methodologies. From online communities to UX to cross-cultural insights and a lot in between, you will be keen to bring your skills, whilst curious to learn more. You might specialise in qualitative or quantitative skills but equally feel you have a good mix of both disciplines.
Beyond our Insights team we collaborate across the Bastion Agency, giving you the opportunity to work on projects that bring in a wide range of thinking and disciplines for our clients, from communications to relationship management. We live and breathe our values of making each other’s lives better, and world class work every time.
As a Client Manager you will manage and lead projects (qual and/or quant and community) from proposal design to delivery by completing specific tasks yourself or delegating to those who are supporting you and ensuring they are completing them.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Completion of deliverables focussed on research design (e.g. screeners, questionnaires, discussion guides).
- Ensuring programming & scripting is completed with zero errors.
- For qual, moderating fieldwork, both depth interviews and group discussions in either a face to face or online environment.
- For quant, managing data collection and ensuring quotas are met and data is clean, valid and reliable.
- Completion of deliverable outputs (e.g. tables, charts, report outlines).
- Interpretation and analysis of data outputs (quant data or qual transcripts), developing the story in the data and their meaning for client.
- Presentation of findings to clients with clear articulation of the insights.
- Managing projects from end to end ensuring all documentation is completed in full and that any problems are swiftly rectified along the way.
- Ensuring projects you manage remain profitable and taking corrective/ preventative action when required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Drive – perseveres until the task is effectively completed and is self motivated.
- Team oriented – contributes to the team, shares skills and helps others, embracing agency life and the broader Bastion culture.
- Customer oriented – focused on providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Adaptable and multi-tasker– flexible to changing circumstances and able to handle multiple tasks and shifting deadlines.
- Detail oriented – ensures consistency in documentation and error free.
- Minimum level degree in a business or psychology related discipline.
- Post graduate qualifications in business or psychology would be well regarded.
- Minimum 7 – 8 years’ experience in market research or a similar field.
WHAT’S IN YOUR TOOLKIT:
- Excellent project management skills from briefing to presentation (qual, quant and community based).
- Excellent written and communication skills, among both clients and internal team members.
- Ability to analyse data and find the story in it.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Proficient in the use of survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics) and other software analysis tools (e.g. Q) or community based platforms (e.g. CMNTY).
WHAT WE OFFER:
This is a full time role, based in our Cremorne office.
- Flexible work in a hybrid work environment.
- A supportive culture focused on collaboration and personal growth.
- A truly integrated agency network that includes research, data, insights, creative, digital, experiential, reputation management, content production, performance, earned media.
- The opportunity to lead fully integrated campaigns that expand your experience in the marketing and communications landscape.
- Internal and external professional training programs.
- Happy Days: a day off each month where there is no public holiday.
- Culture Club: a calendar of events that connects our team in creative and fun ways.
- Wellbeing Initiatives.
- Unlimited leave after three years.
- The Bastion Bridge mentoring program.
- International exchange program.